Whether you work in an office environment or a factory floor, you and your team need the best water cooler to help you refresh during the day.
If you are in a hurry to find a water dispenser from top brands like Whirlpool, Avalon, or Clover, you have come to the right place. We’ve done our homework to find you a shortlist of the best water cooler and best water dispenser units that money can buy.
- Type: Bottom loading
- Dimensions (inches): 13 x 12 x 41
- Weight (lbs): 42.5
- Type: Top loading
- Dimensions (inches): 13 x 12 x 19
- Weight (lbs): 30
- Type: Top loading
- Dimensions (inches): 11.8 x 11 x 31.5
- Weight (lbs): 20
- Type: Top loading
- Dimensions (inches): 12.7 x 12.4 x 37.9
- Weight (lbs): 32
- Type: Top loading
- Dimensions (inches): 12 x 10 x 36
- Weight (lbs): 30.2
- Type: Bottom loading
- Dimensions (inches): 15 x 12.6 x 40.5
- Weight (lbs): 25
- Type: Bottom loading
- Dimensions (inches): 12.2 x 41 x 13.6
- Weight (lbs): 35.3
The Best Water Cooler Reviews (Water Dispensers) Right Now
1) Avalon Water Cooler – Best Water Dispenser For Home
If you want the best water dispenser for a home or office environment, the Avalon A4BLWTRCLR will offer you unbeatable value. An Energy Star approved appliance; this austere and ultra-modern water dispenser is a low-maintenance bottom loader that blends in well in any space.
Whether you have recently remodeled your kitchen or simply keep maintaining an image of professionalism and cleanliness in your work space, investing in an Avalon bottom-loader is a great call. This is because Avalon has a strong reputation for premium-looking appliances that can improve the presentation of your space at industry-leading price points.
With this product , you can choose from three different temperature settings: room, hot, and cold. The hot water is hot enough to mix a steaming beverage like instant coffee or tea, and the cold setting is chilled to the point where it is refreshing while also not inducing brain freezes or toothaches.
Since it is a bottom loader, this Avalon cooler features a no-jug design that hides the water supply in a cabinet underneath the dispenser. To make a good design even better, the cabinet is secured by a childproof lock, so you do not have to worry about tampering or damage by small children.
Plus, one of the added benefits of a low cabinet is that you do not have to strain your back by lifting the jug on top of the machine.
- Built-in night light for easy nighttime usage
- Childproof cabinet lock and secure hot water dispenser
- An efficient, Energy Star-approved design
- Sleek, minimalist stainless steel finish
- Excellent value for your money
- No self-cleaning mechanism to prevent unwanted gunk buildup
- Waterspouts can clog if left unused or un-maintained
When it comes to this Avalon bottom-loading water cooler, there are far more perks than drawbacks. Although some may complain about how often it needs to be cleaned, most users will find that the simple clean up process is well worth the benefit of using a premium-quality product that can bring the whole team or family together.
2) Culligan US-600A Drinking Water Filtration System
The Avalon A1CT is a lightweight and affordable water cooler contained within a compact and easy-loading form factor. Boasting a minimalist design, the Avalon A1CT is one the best water dispenser designs from a space efficiency standpoint. An Energy Star compliant device, you can rest assured that you will not rack up your utility bill by investing in this water cooler.
With this device, worrying about children getting their hands on anything dangerous is a non-issue. This is because the Avalon is equipped with childproof locks to keep them out of the cabinet and away from the heater or motor. Plus, the Avalon is significantly faster than most competitor models due to its speedy heater and thick water stream.
Overall, we find that the Avalon A1CT makes for an excellent home and office hydration solution for both cold and hot water beverages. If your office needs an extra refreshment station that does not take up too much space or cost a fortune, the Avalon A1CT is the perfect mini-dispenser for you.
- The ultra-minimalist design saves space
- Counter top form factor makes it ideal for kitchenettes
- Produces hot and cold water for a variety of beverages
- Quiet motor with Child Safe locking mechanisms
- Can take a longer time than usual to fully cool or heat up
- Grate on the back makes it stands out 5-6 inches from the wall
- Temperature range is not as impressive as other models
As one of the smallest freestanding water coolers on the market, the Avalon A1CT features several perks as well as bugs. Like any innovative product, there are some aspects of its design that can be refined in future iterations.
Regardless, the A1CT stands out for its unique take on the standard office or kitchen water cooler and for that it receives our full endorsement.
3) Giantex EP22276 Water Dispenser
One of the leading compact water coolers on the market today, the Giantex EP22276 is an excellent choice if you want an affordable solution for your business’s hydration needs. Unlike most other models on the market, which are either jet black or finished with stainless steel, this Giantex unit features a chic all-white design.
A top-loading water cooler, this device is built to hold five-gallon jugs of water and dispense their contents at high, low, or room temperatures. Loaded with all the standard perks of a regular water cooler, this device is sold at a price point that is a fraction of what most of its competitors offer.
Standing out from the crowd, this water cooler features anti-dust mite technology. To help ensure your health and safety, the water barrel mechanism is fully detachable and can be cleaned and sanitized regularly. Consequently, the Giantex EP series of water coolers offer top-notch quality and safety perks at an affordable cost.
- Modern, elegant all-white product design
- Large storage cabinet housed underneath the drip tray
- Hot and cold water heating switches can be easily accessed
- Easy to clean and take apart for sterilization
- Tends to leak after prolonged usage
- Shallow drip tray can overflow is left unchanged
The premium value of the Giantex EP series water cooler is matched by several unfortunate drawbacks in its design. Nonetheless, this water dispenser remains one of the best water cooler models in the sub $100 price range.
For those looking to get by with a budget-friendly solution, we suggest looking into the Giantex EP.
4) Clover B14A Water Dispenser
The ultimate water cooler for professional offices and boardrooms, the Clover B14A provides maximum value for your money. This device is outfitted with stainless steel tanks for storage both hot and cold water in a sterile and hygienic holding environment to protect your health and safety.
Featuring precision temperature control technology, the newest Clover water coolers range from 35.6 degrees to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. At just below boiling and over the freezing mark, the Clover B14A boasts one of the most impressive temperature ranges you will find in commercial water dispensers.
One of the best aspects of the Clover B14A is the easy clean-up process. An excellent addition for any household hydration system, this Clover water cooler requires the removal of only one component to do a full and thorough cleaning of the unit. Plus, this machine is compliant with strict energy efficiency guidelines set forth by the EPA and the US Department of Energy.
- Best-in-class temperature range from 33.6 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit
- Energy Star rated and EPA compliant
- Easy to clean and disassemble
- Hygienic and sterile stainless steel tank environment
- Slow water release due to a thin stream
- The motor can run a little louder than normal
You would be hard-pressed to find a better water cooler at this price point. Despite some of the criticisms floating around online, the temperature range and sterility of this water cooler make it a fantastic choice for those who need a safe and efficient water cooler at an affordable cost.
5) Primo Water Cooler
The Primo 601087 takes a classic design approach and renders it modern by introducing stainless steel, deep drip trays, and durable wall bracketing for added durability and support. This water cooler is a top-loading device that stands out from the competition due to its streamlined single-spout build design and lightweight form factor.
Made by the experts at Primo Water Corporation, this water dispenser has an overall front-to-back depth of 12.5 inches, making it one of the thinnest models on the market. A 2.0 compression system gives the Primo 601087 one of the fastest and most efficient cooling and heating systems on the market, too.
Although this unit features a top-loading design, which may seem inconvenient or needlessly burdensome to some, this form factor makes for faster water jug exchanges. Without having to fiddle with cabinets or locks, the top load design is a superior structure for quick jug offloading and replacements.
An Energy Star compliant water cooler, the Primo 601087 is one of the bestselling freestanding water dispensers—and for a good reason. This water cooler provides hot, cold, and room temperature water streams at a highly affordable price point that most competitors do not. In other words, this is one of the best water coolers when it comes to overall value and quality.
- Efficient top-loading product design
- Slim form factor measuring only 12.5 inches deep
- Lightweight design, weighing only 30 pounds
- Dispenses water at various temperatures
- Color-coded LED indicator lights
- Quiet, low-vibration electric motor
- Top-loading design means jug needs to be hoisted into place
- Waterspout tends to dispense water slowly
- Hot water tends to be too cool for coffee or tea
Like most water coolers on the market, this product is marked by several drawbacks and praiseworthy design features. Nonetheless, this cooler’s slim form factor and LED display make it a sleek addition to any home or office setting.
If you are looking for an aesthetic and reliable water cooler, we suggest considering this Primo Water Corporation product.
6) Whirlpool Stainless Water Dispenser
This Whirlpool water dispenser ranks among the finest products on the market today. Backed by the credible Whirlpool brand that has earned shoppers’ trust for decades, this water cooler is made with quality stainless steel parts and a premium manufacturer warranty.
For those who have always dreamed of having a fully self-cleaning water dispenser, this is the model for you. Whereas other water coolers tend to quickly accumulate gunk and other unwanted particles in the dispenser and basin, this cooler kill harmful bacteria before it has a chance to enter its water supply.
Made with refined stainless steel, this water dispenser makes for a chic, modern-looking appliance in an office or production floor. Boasting a nickel plate on its sides and front-facing panel, this cooler is both elegant and highly utilitarian in its design. If you want to maintain a professional appearance in your workplace, we highly recommend this product.
The Whirlpool 218LIECH is the result of five generations’ worth of successive engineering. A highly refined product, this Whirlpool dispenser has been tried and tested for years to provide you with the best bottom-loading water dispensation available.
Plus, this is the ideal choice on a hot summer day as the water supply can be chilled to as low as 9 degrees Celsius.
- An LED light indicates the mode of use, including self-cleaning mode and hot or cold-water modes
- Fantastic temperature range, from near-boiling to below freezing
- Highly durable and resistant to puncturing or tipping over
- Customizable; can use several different sizes of water jugs
- Peace of mind provided by an extended one-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Like all steel appliances, this Whirlpool product leaves fingerprints and smudges if left uncleaned
- Insufficient insulation keeping the stored hot water separate from the cold
- The water dispensation space is not tall enough for some larger sport bottles
When it comes to Whirlpool cooler products, you know you are getting one of the best water cooler units on the market.
If you put a premium on ease of use and set-up, then investing in this product might be the best decision possible.
7) New Air Pure Spring Dispenser
For a water cooler that can effortlessly blend into any home or workplace environment, trust the NewAir WAT40B. Boasting an easy-access bottom loading design, the WAT40B is one of the best water cooler dispensers for those who want to find the perfect balance between form and function.
Loading the water jug in the cabinet underneath the dispenser is a breeze with this device, plus it features childproof locking to prevent little hands from breaking into it and hurting themselves. As a bottom-loading device, you do not have to worry about the jug being an eyesore on top of the cooler. Instead, it is inconspicuously concealed in the opaque cabinet under the machine.
Whereas many other devices can crank up your monthly energy bill, the NewAir WAT40B is certified by Energy Star to help maximize efficiency and keep your bill payments low. Plus, this device is 100% free of harmful BPA contamination and seepage, as is also certified by the National Science Foundation (NSF) for its safety testing and anti-contamination tests.
At an affordable price point, this product provides scorching-hot water or a freshly chilled stream to suit your everyday needs. Featuring an all-black design, this water cooler combines aesthetics and performance to give you one of the products available on the market.
Plus, coffee and tea lovers will rejoice at learning that the built-in heater can heat water up to 185 degrees.
- Energy Star approved and 100% BPA free (NSF-backed)
- Comes with a comprehensive one-year manufacturer’s warranty
- LED indicator lights inform users of various setting modes
- Hot water reaches temperatures as high as 185 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stands at only 41 inches, making it suitable for children and adults
- Plastic build lacks the flare of stainless steel units
- Noisy heater motor can be distracting or annoying
- Shallow water catcher can sometimes overflow if it is left unemptied
Although one of the best water dispenser machines to be released recently, the NewAir WAT40B is held back by a couple of unfortunate drawbacks.
However, overall this cooler provides an affordable, sleek, and highly efficient solution for home or office hydration needs. If safety and energy efficiency is your main concern the WAT40B is the choice for you.
Who knew that there were so many considerations that go into buying a water cooler?
Although they all share the same functions, there are many key differences that need to be factored into your purchase decision before you check out. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind as you shop for a good water dispenser for your home or office:
- Top-loading coolers require some heavy lifting compared to bottom-loading dispensers
- Cabinet storage units keep coolers away from children and prevent dust buildup
- Stainless steel makes for a sleek look but can leave fingerprints
- Test out the cooler first to see if the motor is too loud for your work environment
- A good temperature range should be between 35- and 185-degrees Fahrenheit
Ultimately, finding the best water dispenser for your office or household needs come down to many personal and environmental factors.
If you are comfortable with heavy lifting (including a 42 lbs. five-gallon jug), then a top-loading cooler might be the right call. However, if you plan on putting a dispenser in the kitchen where young kids will be running around, then you might want to keep away from stainless steel.
Regardless, the best water cooler will be the one that suits your personal space better than others.
Other Water Related Articles: